Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Easter. Done and Dusted.

If I look back over my life, it is with utter clarity that I see every Easter, when I wasn't with my brothers and sisters; we at least called or texted to say have a fabulous Easter! 
This year, we didn't.

I have to admit, I'm as guilty as the next person.  My life seemed to busy at the time. I had my daughter and her dog there.  The Moodle.   My son came with his 'Soon to be Bride' and the three kids (and I am lucky enough to love them to bits...)  My other son came with his new girlfriend (and I'm lucky enough to like her and I think we'll get on just fine!) and so we did a large roast lamb and pork with all the trimmings and sat about drinking champagne and eating until we couldn't move.  Of course after the meal and champagne, we waited an hour for dessert but it still wasn't long enough. It made me feel sick, although I still crammed it in.

After lunch (when we were still bemoaning our stomachs) my son, his wife-to-be and the kids left to drive to her father's place for an equally yummy meal and more feeling sick. Thank God I didn't have to do anything like that!

So left with the Moodle, my son and his girlfriend and the girl (and dogs) it was still a full house where we sat about and watched something on the television although I couldn't say what it was. I was coming in and out from cleanup outside...

Next year, I plan to do the same thing.  Although it was exhausting it was fabulous.
All my kids under the one roof. No fighting. Just a heap of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!