Thursday, April 5, 2018

A Dilettante

I love that word.  I first heard it in a movie; Gene Hackman shouted it at someone when his side was losing a court case to gun control. “He’s a dilettante! Nothing more!”   I think the movie was Run Away Jury.  Bloody brilliant movie actually; but there I go; off on a tangent…

The Squeeze, God bless his little atrophied heart, is an emotional dilettante.  He is an amateur; an apprentice.

You’d think after writing me that beautiful card where he called a spade a spade, sent me the roses… He would have magically become Mr. Romance almost overnight.  Not so.  Not even close.

I didn’t pin my hopes on it since he is inept at all things romantic. But just once; just for one second… I'd like him to be… I’d like him to think of me and shoot of an email for no reason.  Buy something totally frivolous!  BE Mr. Romantic!! 
But I won’t hold my breath…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!