Monday, August 15, 2011

When I Grow Up, I Want To Be A Man

The whole “bonding” exercise with the kid every second weekend is beginning to wear thin.  Frankly, I think it is a ploy to enable the Squeeze to revert to boyhood, and lose himself for a few hours in some 14 year old movie world filled with choc tops and the smell of popcorn.

Of course for me, there is no sitting back and just watching the bonding.  No… Nothing as glamorous as that! 

While the Squeeze and Vampire Foot Kid slink off to the soccer – I clean.  While they watch recorded movies only fit for a 14 year old mentality – I clean.  While they slink off to the movies for a bout of bonding; and follow that up with a tad of coffee with Kid 2 – I’m home steam cleaning the carpet.  I'll pause to point out that the carpet is dirty in the first place because the Squeeze and Mini Squeeze are too damned lazy to take off their muddy freaking shoes!  Then deny!!!!

What a pity that a 14 year old boy is forever, just that…  14.  

And now I’m living with a 14 year old, trapped inside a 56 year olds body!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!