Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Romance Blooms

I received a text this morning to say ‘Got a yes on the 2nd floor of the Eiffel Tower ‘which made my eyes water at their happiness and the sheer romance of the whole thing.
So if romance is blooming, where the hell is mine..?
That whole proposal on the Eiffel Tower after dinner thing is pretty much climbing Mount Romance and bashing your flag into the summit.  You are the King when you get there.  The King…
But I’ve got to say, Boy 3 is constantly winning the race to the world’s most romantic guy also, with quixotic weekends away in tiny cabins up in the mountains etc and he and his girlfriend are so damned cutesy; their devotion to one another played out for all and sundry on Facebook.
So, both of my boys are making the Squeeze look totally inept in the romance aptitude test; but romance encompasses so much more than weekends away and Eiffel Towers. 
All my kids have grown up hearing ‘I love you’ and say it very easily – which is damned important to all the relationships in your life!  You don’t have to wear your heart on your sleeve and cry over every sonnet… But if you want to be the King of Romance Mountain, you have to be able to say “I love you”, and say it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!