Wednesday, August 3, 2016

I'm no longer one thousand years of age...

Today was a normal kind of Wednesday....

I got up, readied myself and went out the front door to go to the gardens.  It's kind of nice.  I am polite when someone speaks but mostly, I get to immerse myself in the plants.  I was going to say it is boring; but I don't ever get bored.  Just repotting plants in bigger pots and putting them in the greenhouse; it's nice.

About 10.30 ish, a guy came through the gate and I knew him immediately.  Not bad, considering we haven't seen one another in about thirty five years or so.  Okay, so I assume we have both aged lol.  We went to high school together!  We did a quick hello but work called me and then morning tea; so off I went.  I had to pay for an up and coming lunch, (we are doing Jack Rabbit's winery next Monday) and so I swapped numbers with Judy and decided we would go early to the lunch and stop for a sticky beak at Drysdale.

I was finishing up when I saw Tom was still looking around so I caught up with him and we went for a coffee.  Sometimes it is surprising how easily conversation comes.  Other times, it is not so easy.   He was an easy conversationalist.  We just talked crap; memories... Anything that came to mind.  In fact, we decided we could be 'friends in Geelong' since the few I have I only get to see every fortnight or so...

We talked so effortlessly that I was cutting it fine to go to the doctors!

So I rushed out of the carpark and I went to see a new shrink.  Mind you, I only went to get some medication to keep me awake (which she couldn't give me because she said I didn't meet the criteria) so she gave me a sample packet of meds and I left (I'm going back in 2 weeks, she was good).

So here I am; pausing from my roast lamb!  Because Dylan and Ally are both in tonight so I thought I would do a roast...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!