Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Once Upon a Time!

Well Sharpie is great; no ill effects or worse for wear for having stitched his insides.  The worst part is, he doesn't learn.  Today I caught him with a bobby pin!  So news flash, I'm going to have to watch him like a hawk!  Last night I threw out a lot of his toys.  He had torn ears off rubber pigs and beaks off ducks; the vet said that not only did he get the needle, but a handful of colourful objects!

I came home yesterday and although it was a non drink night; opened a bottle.  Jeez; talk about deserving it.  The final bill, looking at me; mocking me!!! was 3k.  I thought about everything I could buy with that money!  At least I only had to pay 20% because in May, I got pet insurance!

I never thought I'd say it, but insurance people are getting a dud deal with me.   My brain, I'd only had wage insurance for a year or so; I guess they got 2k.  Now they are paying out about 6k a month and I have it for the next 3.5 years.  I've already had it for 1.5 years. The pet insurance I only had for 2 months!  My health insurance...  God knows what I have spent!  I worked out years ago if I paid it until death, and never claimed another thing, I'd still be in front!  Well each shunt is a titanium masterpiece worth a small car.  I've had about 20 of them I think.

So insurance aside, Sharpie slept from the minute I got him home yesterday.  I didn't have the heart to put him in the laundry so I left him on the sofa in the spare room, covered by a blanket.  Today he's back to his old self!

It was up early for the Botanic Gardens.  I put my hand up last week to make soup for our lunch.  3 people bring soup and a couple bring a selection of breads.  I made Cauliflower and Chorizo soup which is hearty and thick with a just a tiny after burn.  So I struggled in with it and dumped it in the kitchen and went outside to begin potting little plants, into bigger pots.  The morning flew by!

Then it was in for our lunch.  I met the apprentice gardener who is 'mature'; (she scammed lunch which was a.o.k. as there was tons!)  I really liked her and sat telling her about Sharpie and the needle and then went on with my brain operations.  She walked out saying I was a 'strong' woman, which made me laugh.

Little did she know that I wanted to die not so long ago! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!