Monday, March 11, 2024

Last day of the mini break...

Mini breaks are so good at the start of them; not so good at the finish line.  It's 41 degrees celcius here again today. 3 days of 40+ and I'm hiding in my house, air conditioner blasting - like a vampire. I can't let the sun touch me, because it is like being submerged in battery acid.

We went out for breakfast and it was nice under cover, but as soon as I went in the sunlight; I wondered how in the hell I had managed to get out at all. And of course, I dropped the Squeeze and his kid off to go swimming at Eastern Beach, so that means I've got to go back out in the hideous heat to get them! The Squeeze magnanimously said "oh we'll walk home!" but one look at the horror on the kid's face and I knew there was no way they were going to walk home.  The Squeeze sometimes he forgets he's 69 years old I think...



So I'm sitting at home, in front of the air conditioner, blogging while they are doing a swim. It would have been nice, but I think of my legs (read I'm almost a cripple) so getting in and out of the water would be a nightmare. I'd rather stay home!

I'm counting down the days until my appointment with my neurosurgeon. Please let him have the answer because I'm damned sick of being an invalid. 11 days... then if I'm right, or rather he is, I'll have to have another damned operation (this time on my spine), but at least I'll be normal then! Just one of the plebs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!