Monday, April 16, 2012

Stop the world. I want to get off.

I've had a really crappy day. A girlfriend of mine flew off to Broome for a holiday with her husband - who just happened to be my old mentor. He had a massive heart attack on the plane and the flight was diverted to Adelaide. He died. She is there, awaiting formalities before she can come home.

My mother called me to tell me that my dad has chronic myeloid leukaemia; which I can't even pronounce although I can at least Google it, which means I can offer all kinds of inaccurate advice. Upside is the spider bite on his leg has receded somewhat…

And the Squeeze sent me a long email telling me how he just couldn't take the torture I was inflicting on his poor little teenager; or something like that. It was so long that I wanted to reply to say "you are a fool. the end."

The world is a harsh place. My dad has leukaemia. My friend and mentor is dead. My girlfriend is desolate. And the kid's life is ruined because I asked him not to eat bacon and eggs with his fingers.

I should be flayed. Really.

2 comments:

  1. Pogo stick sideways, for the kid, comes to mind! Drought for the squeeze! Cuddles and red wine from friends, for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pogo stick sideways, for the kid, comes to mind!
    Drought for the squeeze!
    Cuddles and red wine from friends, for you. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!