Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Game of Strategy

I’ve been sucked in to playing Scrabble online lately.   It blows.  I’m not a big player; never have been, so every challenger is wiping the floor with me.  I was mildly amused the other day when the Squeeze walked in the room, phone in hand and muttered in a ‘holier-than-thou’ voice “playing you is like playing a 12 year old!”  My next move was 42 points, which is about what I’m leading him by now.  He hasn’t played again since then.

This is what life is like.  Seeing where you are, where you want to go, and working out a strategy to get there; adapting when some knob head changes the rules and in the end, being comfortable about where you come out at.

I am not comfortable with life at the moment.  Trouble is I don’t know how to change it; put it back on the course it was supposed to be on.  

This would be news to the Squeeze.  He probably hasn’t noticed that anything has even changed yet, which I guess is part of the overall problem.  He may be bright in some regards, but he is a total novice at the game of relationships.

He once told me that the Harridan said to him “there’s just nothing there, is there...?”  And I’m beginning to wonder if she is not right.  He is empty in some regards.  I can go without the hearts and flowers all the time, but I’m not sure I can go with the emptiness.

Is it empty you ask..?  Yes; in some ways.  Mostly, I feel like I’m house sharing with a friend.  And lately, not even a very good friend; for when someone starts lying and hiding things from you, then they do so to keep you in the dark for a reason.

Not exactly a good foundation for a relationship.

Well, I may not win the relationship, but I’ll eventually beat him in Scrabble I’ve not doubt!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!