Wednesday, June 22, 2022

WTF? Fish. Why don’t you write about them?

The Squeeze drove me to work today, radio blaring and tapping along in time to some song. I guess that’s nice; I’m sure there are plenty of people here thinking that it goes above and beyond partner material. They would be wrong. It just means for the 10 minutes, (maybe a tad more because I’ve got to sway, steady myself, and grab the crutch out of the car before hobbling away) - so that leaves me with about 15 minutes of his bullshit. 

This morning I decided to make conversation. After all, it’s what we do. When you’re enforced into the close confines of a car you fill the void with idle chit chat; chew the fat so to speak. So I mention the fact that I’ve been writing in my blog again. Not bad after a 2 year enforced hiatus! And I’m proud of myself. Okay I’m not leaping building on a single bound but for me, it may as well be! I never thought I’d be able to write anything again (who am I kidding; I never thought I’d do more than dribble)

So we are driving along, the Squeeze decked out like we are off to the snow rather than down town Geelong on a mild day and pauses to glance at me. Okay! Encouragement!!! (Squeeze style encouragement) so I continue to say that it’s mildly annoying that the Harridan no longer impacts our lives. Let’s face it, she was writing fodder if nothing else and she provided oodles of it! 

So I paused to say “God knows what I’m supposed to write about now!” To which he replies “fish. Why not write about that?”

I hobble out of the car and up the ramp all the while thinking what an idiot he is. Am I going to turn this sarcastic rant into a foodies blog? And fish! I have zip knowledge in how to prepare or cook it! He knows I’m anaphylactic! I’m allergic to all seafood!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!