Monday, June 27, 2022

Water off a ducks back

When did I become so amiable? Is that part of the new me..? Where once I’d have hugged the hurt; carried it on my back so to speak; a bit like a hunchback lol, now I find it really isn’t worth all the drama! 

Yesterday we went to my grandson’s first birthday. One year old; and it’s no mean feat getting him to this age. My daughter and her man are fantastic parents and they both love him madly. Frankly, I can’t wait for number 2 who is due at the start of October.   

But it is difficult  we work (me often on weekends)  they work and they live about 2 hours away; so a four hour round trip. So I only get to see him about once a fortnight.

It was bloody cold here yesterday with bouts of rain weaving in and out and ducking in between to look at the animals and going on the train ride (which was a blog all on its own; fitting in that thing!). After a couple of hours of limping around (with crutch) it was time to go home.

We sang the song, cut the cake and it was time to run free! So finally getting warm in the car I start to thaw out and think I’ll put something up on Facebook to commemorate the occasion. And there was my mistake. My daughter texted me to say ‘WTF?’ 

And I realised that it’s her story to tell. I’m only a Nan. And that’s ok! So I took it down, emailed her my pics and she put one up. All in all, it was a brilliant day!

Hunchback in check. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!