Thursday, October 19, 2017

The world turns…

Last night I had friends over for dinner and it turned out to be a fantastic night.  It was hot; a residue of left over heat from the day; before we freeze our arses off once again. 

I made garlic pizza to start and then we had lamb souvalaki.  As generally happens, there is copious amounts of wine drunken with food.  Because I finish early, I start drinking earlier and so I was half shot when they got there!   I started the pizza cooking in the oven and finish it off in the webber which gives it a beautiful finish.  I could have used my pizza oven but didn’t like going out and chopping wood, having it burn down and waiting for hours just for one pizza!

I asked Renee to check on it and she comes back in stating it will be ages!  (as she pours another glass lol)  I go out five minutes’ later and discover a crisp mess which we laughed about and then proceeded then eat!  It may have been well done, but it sure was tasty!

I bbq’d a leg of lamb on the webber and we carved it right there at the table.  

There is something to be said for a great night in with people you really like, cooking…  Talking about the week that was and making plans to come.

There was no sign of the 'black dog'...  It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!