Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Seriously…?

Alright; I’ve been out with this guy a few times, he is 70; which in the scheme of things, is damned old.  I’m talking five minutes in and I would have been out there, looking again because he had popped his clogs.  So I more or less left it. 

He was a young 70 if that makes a difference.  He works at the mines and crawls around underground placing explosives here and there and then he watches it go boom.  He has flown all around the world to do it.  He rides a motorbike; young man toys.  But I couldn’t get past the thing of our ages; fifteen years doesn't seem much when your in your twenties but hey, one day your going to be in your fifties, and he's going to be seventy (and there will probably be no motorbike in your world!!).  Not that I was “in your face” about it.  I just let it die with the odd email.

Then, this morning I get an email of him.  This long flowing email; beautifully written I might add which is probably what attracted me in the first place!  But he basically says “farewell!”

WTF? lol okay….  I sent him an email back. I wasn’t going to but I thought hell, if it wasn’t there for either of us, we can be friends.  So I said:
“Chin up. It's not the end of the world as we know it.     :)
If you're ever in town and just want to catch up; drop me a line.
If not, I wish you all the best!

And when I thought about it, I realised that is exactly how I felt.  I can take friendship or leave it; it doesn’t really matter.  

But then I saw the old me and I realised I’d have ignored him.   

Boy.  What a veritable shrew I was before!  I don’t mind saying I’m a different woman these days.  Probably a hell of a lot nicer, but more boring….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!