Sunday, February 19, 2023

Romance. What the Hell is that..?

Ok; you probably don't remember but I started this blog to outline my life of romance; or lack there of. I've been out with some absolute doozies over the years, I couldn't even document them all but I can skip to the highlights!

There was 'Yankie Doodle Dandy"; an American that I imported when we first discovered the internet meant that my dating pond went to an ocean of people I had never thought I'd meet. Of course there is probably a good reason why he lived in one country; me in another. He was a dick who intended to come here (after he had spent all his money) and still chat with other women. He didn't last long... The highlight came when I discovered a love compatibility stars on his computer. Here he was, seeing how well he would go with someone born in September. This wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't born in May.

From there I went to PI Boy...

I remember once writing a letter to him; the first line said “I have written this so many times, your chair could explain it to you in great detail.  Yet you, for all of your intelligence, are oblivious to the meaning of the words”.   After five years, I understood that he had understood; yet had been telling me over and over with his actions and cavalier attitude, that he could never love me. 

Perhaps my chair could have explained it to me, if I could have just listened.  Ok.  Maybe not the chair; but my senses, gut instincts all those intrinsic things that I felt and ignored because I didn’t want it to be true; didn’t want to acknowledge that this was the truth.  Those five years hurt me.  In fact, it was worse than hurt; it was soul destroying.

But I dragged myself up and on. That's one good thing about me. I'd never be anyone's stalker. As soon as it is over in my mind, they simply cease to exist...  I don't give them another thought.

So then it was on to the Squeeze... Now I’m a neat freak.  In fact, some might say I am serial killer neat. My house is always clean.  When friends come around for coffee, they don’t have to wonder what is at the bottom of the coffee cup and I'll admit that I like it.

As far as obsessive traits go, sometimes it is a handy one to have and let’s face it; it’s not like I’m burying ex-husbands in the garden under the lilies.  I just like things neat and organised.

I used to think that opposites attract.  I mean one man’s mental illness; is another man’s life rope. Right?  And they don’t come anymore opposite in the art of cleanliness and organisation, to me than the Squeeze, who would appear to ball dance around the house in slow mo, dropping things at will.

I decided to do some research into how we could better blend and so my first order of the day was to type “being a neat freak” into Google.  Imagine my surprise when most of what I got back was regarding mental disorders.  There were sites on OCD and clutter-phobes with all the words and descriptions that screamed the word ‘nut job’.

Nut job?  Seriously?  Just because I like my house clean? Damn; I guess the Squeeze was correct...

Dirty house Stock Photos, Royalty Free Dirty house Images ...  

 The sad part is, he wouldn't ever
notice if I let it get in this state
(which I never would! This is a stock image!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!