Sunday, February 12, 2023

Life is serendipitous; in a weird way

As life whizzes by (I'm 60 now - wtf?) I'm only left to wonder if everything happens for a reason, or if life is a boundless journey of serendipity!  I mean I've experienced the normal person's life's 'up's and down's'; more than most I'd say but still, at least I feel like the pendulum has swung in my favor more often than not.

So; in the minus column, we have my brain damage. That's a pretty big minus I'd say... Except if I didn't go through this, I'd be living the same life I had 10 years ago. Not that it didn't take some bloody awful years in the interim; but now I feel as though my life is going in the right direction.

I've gone from a spend thrift with nothing to my name (mind you, I had a great friggin wardrobe!) to owning a house.  I've changed from a person who liked animals well enough; if I paused long enough to think about them. But not inside... never inside; to a person who is now the proud owner of a dog and 4 cats that all live inside and I can't imagine my life without them (including the newest one Sheriff, helping me blog...)


My life continues on this weird adding to the plus column and taking away again. This is what it is like; what it's always been like!  This week, they rang me to say the girl at work I was replacing while off sick is better and she'll be back at work full time - so I don't have to come in.  Minus.  Then out of the blue, I get this email of a lawyer who says the hospital, without taking the blame, are going to pay me a sizable amount. Plus.

Weird. Pluses and Minuses. That's my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!