Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Life Going from Plus to Minus...

It's funny how life seems to run backwards. For all intents and purposes, I'm actually getting younger! Every week! The countdown is on until I've the mentality of a little kid! (trust me, I know, I just went out to visit my mother who is 85 and living in aged care - much to her dislike!) and we had the same conversations that we did last week, and the week before... The beauty of it for her is she doesn't realise.  Me however, it is a completely different experience.

The Squeeze, God bless his black heart, must be positively babyish!  And I'm keeping young by comparison.  I intend to keep score for a couple of blogs, ie... Plus. Minus....

And when I think about it, I was young once... Sigh, I may look like a crone now, but in my youth I was pretty good looking and nice too boot.  That is possibly why I have 3 husbands (plus) who are all ex husbands (minus) and were all by 30 or so, so I had the marrying down pat and decided it actually wasn't for me!  

The middle husband broke a record of love turning to hate soon enough, and it seems the dislike hasn't diminished in all these years.  Enough said (my mother always said 'if you can't say something good about them, don't say anything at all'. 

Husband 1 was fantastic; we were just too young; but he got killed in a motorbike accident (minus). Husband no 3, I loved for a long time, but my dicky brain and going in and out of hospital took its toll (on me... not him - which is strange). He no longer speaks to me (minus) which is sad. I thought we did divorce well.

Now I live with the Squeeze, who I like a lot. Friends we began as and mostly, I still feel as though he is my best friend.  My three children are grown; 2 boys and a girl and I relive divorce through this generation. My older son is divorcing now, but I love my daughter in law and her kids (minus). My other son just got engaged (plus). My girl has given me two perfect angels, one of whom is a replica of her at the same age (plus). Here he is...

Isn't he adorable?!!

And I wait and see what fate has in store for all of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!