Thursday, February 28, 2013

Blogging and Voting

Today I entered the Best Australian Blogs 2013 Competition run by the Australian Writers Centre.   You can vote for me by clicking on the button to the left (well after March 28!)

Funny.  I like to think of my blog as a way to vent about the idiot that I live with.  (Oh why can’t I fall for a normal guy that has the emotional capability higher than… say… a gnat? [And maybe being taller than 5’6” wouldn’t go astray…) 

Still; it is a vehicle to vent.  I can rant and rave about the Squeeze and his latest bout of “moodle-ing”; pausing to talk about the flaming, acid filled balloons of hate that the Harridan pitches at us from every direction; and last, but not least – the gift that keeps on giving….  the friendless kid that wants to be sitting on our sofa 24/7 with the 63 inch Samsung flickering at him.

But once a year, the AWC reminds me that while I’m slack at dragging myself to the keyboard to edit the book that is sitting on my desk; I am at least blogging.

Loosely speaking, and using averages, I tried to figure out how many words each post would be about.  Some have been veritable rants of biblical proportions and in to the thousands of words.  Then others have been a succinct “hand me a shovel and a bag of lime – because I’m taking her down!!!!” - Somewhat brief explosions.    So I figure each posting would be approximately 700 words.

And let’s face it; I’ve been blogging for a while.  I started Dating a Hunchback in 2010.  In 2010 there were 39 posts.  2011, posts went up to 200 (that must have been an ugly year.)  2012 – 148 posts.  So far in 2013 I’m at 14 if I can’t this one.  That gives me a total of 401, 700 word posts.

280,700 words all up!!!  If I had turned my mind to my books - I'd have a damned series!!!

My dad always said I could talk under water with a mouthful of marbles.  Smart man that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!