Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Work; who the hell invented that..?

It never ceases to amaze me, the work thing. I have worked my whole life; including when I had kids; in fact I worked until 2 weeks to go with my daughter, not bad when you consider I was 3 weeks late (I know; it wouldn't happen today!! And you have to sleep them on their backs - which was frowned upon back when my kids were babies!

But... I'm still there. Still have to work! I'm taking a little time off at the moment but I'm not unaware that people will be forced to walk up my street screaming "bring out your dead" if I don't get something soon-ish. I'm not rich; I'm not even that comfortable. I own my own house and have super - that I can't touch for another 7 or so years. WFT is with that??

The trouble is I don't want to work full time! So I better win lotto, or something...

The upside of life as a slacker is that my house is benefiting. Today I cleaned the windows; I know - I'm blogging about windows for Christ sakes - but they seriously needed doing. I'd also planned on cleaning the wardrobe out... but that may not be anytime soon; I don't see myself losing weight in the near future. I'm back on steroids again for my legs - the upside is I haven't gained weight either which is half the battle. The Squeeze and I are generally sticking to a more healthy lifestyle. I keep thinking "I can have that if I want it", and then I don't. Between that and the pool we are going well!

Oh well....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks. Better check it out but it should be up today!